Classic Motorbikes

I've owned a few of those BSA's and Triumph's and ridden a lot more. And while I like the looks and the memories today's bikes are 1000% better, safer and more reliable.

Fidelista

I have owned Triumph , a couple of BSA's , Harleys, and some Japanese bikes---ridden more.
The Honda's I have owned have been great machines { a 1100 F for one} --but without something that I can't describe.
Maybe I just like the past!.
Matchless, Norton, Royal Enfield, BSA Goldstars among many , had something special about them.
Maybe a pain sometimes , but like women, sometimes the "bad" ones are remembered best !! :D >f

Stoner

Banned
I see Kawasaki is missing from the list.
I had a 500 Mach1 and a 750H2. While they had reps for their day, they don't really stack up that well to today's equipment.

I can remember leaning the 750 over on it's rt side till the pipes bottomed out, lifting weight off the ft wheel......I only did that one time and sold it several weeks later :D
But in a straight line....good for long wheelies (y)....:D

Fond memories of a 81 Kawasaki 550 GPZ.

Buddy in high school had a Simplex ServiCycle.......2 speed belt drive, 200cc 2 stroke.

Most of my bikes have been Japanese except for a 360 Benelli.
Had a Vespa motorscooter in high school.

Still have a 1975 RD350 Yamaha I bought new, in excellent running condition. Put a set of mag wheels on it from a 1977 RD400 parts bike. That is still one strong running 350. Set of rare Dick's Cycle West expansion chambers and a mild port and polish on the cyls.

I particularly partial to the vintage harleys but never could afford one.My last bike was a Yamaha 1100 v-star-good cruiser.

Stoner

Banned
Weatherman is calling for upper 50's and sunny tomorrow for my area....(y).....have to put some gas in the bike and charge up the battery today.....:D

Nice ! A thread dedicated to motorbikes ! (y)

I have a Morini Sbarazzino, a legacy from my father. It's still 'ridable' : its engine is OK, even after 120000 Km. (y) My father had always been very careful with his motorbike.
Last year, my cousin's son bought a Ducati ST2 ! (y)

Fidelista

Chicon said:
Nice ! A thread dedicated to motorbikes ! (y)

I have a Morini Sbarazzino, a legacy from my father. It's still 'ridable' : its engine is OK, even after 120000 Km. (y) My father had always been very careful with his motorbike.
Last year, my cousin's son bought a Ducati ST2 ! (y)
The little Morini is a interesting bike, never seen one.
When these old bikes are complete , they are worth keeping for future, and maybe restoration.
Ducati's, Parilla's always interested me. They sold a number of the 250-350 cc scramblers in U.S. --old days. Never owned one , but have always liked the type. :) >f

bill.aam said:
It's not a classic, but it's what I ride. Well when I can, not much riding time living in Michigan.
From the photo I'd say that is a 1500 Kawasaki, yes? Looks like a after market seat, maybe a Corbin. Some extra chrome pieces including chrome cover on the driveshaft. How close am I? (Obviously a custom paint job.)

gbrumb said:
From the photo I'd say that is a 1500 Kawasaki, yes? Looks like a after market seat, maybe a Corbin. Some extra chrome pieces including chrome cover on the driveshaft. How close am I? (Obviously a custom paint job.)

(y) (y)
Actually your right on, cept it's a mustang seat.

RC wheels, 180mm rear tire, also Vince & Hines short shot headers not visiable in the photos.

bill.aam said:
(y) (y)
Actually your right on, cept it's a mustang seat.

RC wheels, 180mm rear tire, also Vince & Hines short shot headers not visiable in the photos.
Thinking about the same Mustang seat but with the driver backrest. I like the V&H as well. Can't decide on the floorboards however. I like the feel of pegs but on longer trips the boards would be better. Damn, guess I just got to get two bikes....one for short trips and one for long. :D

gbrumb said:
Thinking about the same Mustang seat but with the driver backrest. I like the V&H as well. Can't decide on the floorboards however. I like the feel of pegs but on longer trips the boards would be better. Damn, guess I just got to get two bikes....one for short trips and one for long. :D
I was debating on the drivers backrest also, but it didn't let me lean back as far:( . I like the floorboards because the heel/toe shift.:)

You also have a Vulcan?

bill.aam said:
I was debating on the drivers backrest also, but it didn't let me lean back as far:( . I like the floorboards because the heel/toe shift.:)

You also have a Vulcan?
That would be correct. I have the 800, which they stop making this year, it's now a 900 and a much nicer bike. I think come spring I'm upgrading to the 1600. Nice soild ride, felt good with much more then needed power. Stopped well, pretty good lean angle and I look damn good on it! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online