clean CD-ROM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

breezie

When I insert a disk to install a program, a window pops up and says that my CD-ROM needs cleaning. How do I do that?

First of all check that this is happening with more than the one disc you are trying to install from. It may be the disk throwing up the message, not the drive.

If it is, there are proprietory cleaning kits available for most PC stores, but read the article here first:

http://pcsupport.about.com/library/weekly/aa102300a.htm

You will of course have to remove the drive from its bay and if you are not sure about doing that, either try one of the kits (note the comments in your user manual or visit the manufacturers website for info) or consider getting pro help locally.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online