1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium, now internet is extremely slow!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by digbyrotten, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digbyrotten

digbyrotten Thread Starter

Hey, i recently reinstalled windows just for a general clean up of the system, and since then my internet has been extremely slow (paticuarly youtube and utorrent). Iv spoken to my isp (DODO) and its nothing on their end. Before the clean install my torrents were downloading up to 2.5mb/s and now they sit at around 20kb/s no matter how many seeds. i did a speedtest and am getting under 1mb download speed and even less for upload. iv tried all different drivers and have searched the internet repitively to find a solution but still cant. What was it about the clean install that changed my speeds? Also im running adsl+2 through a wired connection strsight from modem.

thanks
    Digby Rotten

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16366 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, 1023 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1897537 MB, Free - 1627224 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M5A88-M
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

After W7 was completely installed, in which order did you install the drives and other software?

At which point did you notice computer slowness?

When did you download the W7 updates? With a slow download speed, I would think that such a large file download would be time consuming.

Internet speed depends upon not only your system but the server load of your ISP [ excelelnt that you checked with them ] and the servers you are trying to access.

Test your up & down speed at a 3rd party site such as www.dslreports.com/speedtest. There are multiple other sites.

No offense intended: I've read that a significant %age of shared files are infected. Which anti malware scans have you performed. I am not authorized by Tech Guy Forum to advise any; the forum has specially trained members for that.

Thanks for posting the system info.

RF123

3. EpicNetworkGroup

EpicNetworkGroup

Many ISP's are hopping on the "no torrent" bandwagon and will throttle (or kill it completely) your bandwidth when downloading torrents. I'm sure they will say your service is fine but if you specifically ask them regarding downloading torrents, you may hear something otherwise.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice