1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

clean install problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kachu, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kachu

kachu Thread Starter

Hi techs out there,

Could someone please help me.
    I assembled my own desktop with the following components.

1. Toshiba SATA motherboard 160GB
    2.1Gb ram
    3.2.3GHz intel pentium duo processor
    4. the casing came with the power supply.

I keep receiving the error messages as attached both with xp and windows 7. I have not managed to install any os and am going crazy.

Attached Files:

2. fel1x

fel1x

3. jrbuergel

jrbuergel

First Name:
    Jim
    Here is the Microsoft article for that stop code error; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330182 , it looks like this may be fixed by either a BIOS update, or device drivers such as the video display driver. Do you have a separate or built in integrated type video display, and what video card is it? Your 1 GB of memory is bare minimum, try to double RAM to 2GB.

4. kachu

kachu Thread Starter

Actually i have a Biostar G3I-M7-TE motherboard with build on video card and the problem is that i cant even install any OS as the errors keep popping up after copyning files from CD for installation.

It was the same when i tried to install Ubuntu 10.10 from the flash.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Before you waste time continuing to try and install different os, test the hardware.

All of these run from bootable media so no need for an os to even be installed

1 Download and run memtest Run this for at least 1~2hr and make sure there are no memory errors

2 Download the hard drive maker's diagnostic for testing the drive. Do both the long and short tests. If the drive passes ALL tests, then zero fill the drive before attempting another install. The diagnostic should have an option to zero the drive.

3 Open the case and get a bright light. Give the mb a VERY close inspection. Look for any capacitors that look like those below

4 If all of the above checks out OK, then enter the bios and check your temps and voltages. Post those here specifically the cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

Attached Files:

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Here is a link to a linux live CD. I use parted magic to do a LOT of tasks. It will test your memory, hard drives and wipe or zero your drives. Do be careful; this is a very powerful set of tools that can destroy data on a drive. So if you use this, pull the pw connectors from any data drives so you cannot inadvertently wipe them.

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start

7. kachu

kachu Thread Starter

now if i download this file i will be able to boot from it and fix some memory problems but does it mean finally i have to use Linux os or i can still use Windows.

8. kachu

kachu Thread Starter

Am able to boot from the memtest file that i will download??

Because the issue is when i run the OS CD for installation both for XP and Wn 7 the error message comes after copying the files then when it starts to restarting windows it pops up the screen.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

These files are in iso format; ie that means it is an image of a bootable CD. You need a burning app to make the bootable CD from the iso file something like nero, imgburn, cdburnerxp, etc. Here is a list of free burning apps AND it included instructions on making an iso.
    http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

You do not have to use the parted magic linux. It just has all of the tests in one. It is up to you; you can download memtest and the hard drive maker's diagnostic and make separate CDs.

It would help if you posted your exact system specs; ie the exact ram you have installed, the brand and wattage of the pw supply, etc.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice