1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

clean ups, Modems, and your Basic Runtime

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bronxbishop, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronxbishop

bronxbishop Thread Starter

Greetings and Salutations,
    I was doing a disc cleanup and noticed a box unchecked for "Deleted Windows Uninstall Info" using 446.10 of m. Can and should I steer clear of it or can I reclaim the 446.10? Also, I have a lucent Win Modem 4.90.3000. I have had a few problems but I just reinstall the drivers in the devise manager. Probably 3 times this week. Somewhere in another thread someone told me about a higher version, an 8.30. Would it be safe to upgrade? I was also told to download Visual Basic Runtime Library 6.0 which automatically place files in the correct locations. So do I get that first?
    Thank you for your time,
    Scott Kuttner
    The Bronx Bishop

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Bronxbishop:

Don't post separate posts for the same problem that we've been dealing with because it confuses the issue and delays helping you. I've already answered your first 2 questions in your original post. It doesn't matter whether you install the VBRL 6.0 before or after you do the others.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice