1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaned Drive through Diskpart, - No Boot - No CMD - Nothing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ovoxoj, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovoxoj

ovoxoj Thread Starter

So its a bit of a story, here goes:
    I bought a desktop and it wasnt reformatted.
    Step 1: Enter Win7 CD. - Would not let me select SSD - Had error message(forgot now) - Googled it and it instructed me to access CMD in windows start up, diskpart, select disk, clean, restart, install.
    Step 2: Did instructions, installed it perfectly! Computer running Win7 and working fine
    Step 3: Noticed in My Computer, my SSD drive, and my HDD which states 125GB when it should be 500.
    I figured (stupid of me) that I can go into CMD, diskpart, clean that HDD drive to restart it to 500.
    Step 4: Restarted it, there is NO display, no CMD, no blinking underscores, nothing. Absolutely Nothing

Things I have done to try to remedy:
    - Restart BIOS by removing battery
    - Restart with Win7 CD in cddrive
    - Restart with Win7 USB in
    - Restart with Win7 CD in External CD Drive via USB
    - Constantly Pressing F10 / F12 / Del on start up hoping a screen would come up
    - Unplugging different combinations of SSD/HDD hoping it would run off one of them
    - Unplugging a HDD from another rig, plugging it into the current with no other SSD/HDD

NOTHING. COMES. UP.

Did I brick the RIG?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You should get a display when you switch on regardless of how the drives are set up.

Check you re-connected everything properly, especially any power connector for the Graphics card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice