1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cowtowndiva, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowtowndiva

cowtowndiva Thread Starter

I am using a Compaq Presario V2000 laptop
    Running Windows XP

I am wanting to clean the keyboard. I have used the compressed air cans on it already but it still feels like there might be something stuck under a few of the keys that the air did not reach. What would the best recommendation be to clean the keyboard? I have not spilled any liquids on it but I have had crumbs from food such as cookies or bread crumbs end up between the keys. There is no damage when using the keys, other than it feels like a couple keys get stuck, possibly from things being underneath them.

2. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

Have you tried turning your laptop upside down, and then giving it a really good shake. Try doing this several times plus a good blast of air in between each shake. The only other alternative would be to dissasemble the laptop (which i would highly advise you "NOT" to do unless you really know what your doing). But iv'e always found the Blast, Invert and Shake method the best way to dislodge those cookie crumbs. Though using your laptop as a dinner plate is never a good thing to do in the first place ;).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice