1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning my android phone

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Beta19, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Do I need to clean my android phone like my computer? Like speed it up or clean up uninstalled program files? I'm new to the smartphone thing and don't know much about android. Thanks in advance.

2. TheNext

TheNext

You do not need to clean up program files or anything because what Android does is it stores all needed files for the instances apps in one folder in the root of the phone and when you delete an app, it will delete the program files that the app uses.

3. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    So all those cleaning apps are bs then?......what if my phone is running slow? I have moved as many apps to my SD card to try to free up memory and internal space, but occasionally my phone seems to be a little sluggish.......just curious.

4. TheNext

TheNext

A few things could weigh into your phone moving slow occasionally, the make and model of the phone, obviously some phones experience more lag than others, and sometimes how long the device is on without being turned off, if it's an LG, they add an Android feature that allows you just to hold the power button for like 8 sec and the phone that restarts, and if you go to settings->storage, you will see a category called "cache," clear that every once in a while, the cache is the temporary files that your phone creates...just tap cache and it will delete. Also, if you solely use data and don't often rely on WiFi, your phone also may be a little slower due to only having a restrictive internet connection.
    TheNext

5. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Ironically, my phone is an LG Optimus exceed 2. I just cleared the cache and will see how this works.....just cleared 233MB of data from cache.

6. TheNext

TheNext

I have the exact same phone, mine is on Verizon Wireless Prepaid.
    [​IMG]

7. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Same here.

8. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
  9. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Do you like it?

10. TheNext

TheNext

A lot, did you know you could root it easily? I mean extremely...call clarity is amazing compared to iPhone 5c, and Android is just a bonus to the phone..iOS knows not of a beneficial platform

11. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Never been an Apple fan.......but my dad gas the Moto E with android 5 on it and I hate his phone.....lol

12. TheNext

TheNext

I don't like the moto only because of the fact that it was designed for Lollipop, not to dislike lollipop but the two combined...eh.
    Did you root your phone?

13. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    What do you mean by "rooting"?

14. TheNext

TheNext

Rooting is done to use the phone for hacking games, and using things like screen recorders but mostly for developers, but if u r into the game hill climb racing, there is a really neat hack...I am making a tutorial video now

15. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Only games I've been playing lately are candy crush soda and robot unicorn attack 2

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice