1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cleaning office from system

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JUDGUY, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JUDGUY

JUDGUY Thread Starter

hi i was wondering what the best way toclean office and other products from my system is.
    I have microsoft office 2007 profesional on my system. i dont use most of the stuff on there so want to clean everything off and then reload the bits i do want. what is the best way to do this.
    also i have microsoft works. can i get rid of this seeing as i have office 2007.
    also i have .Net framework 1.1 and 1.1 hotfix(kb928366). can i get rid of these seeing as i have .Net framework 2.0. or is that a stupid thing to ask. thanks for any help.

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Unless you have problem with insufficient memory, it's usually easier to leave the full Office program in your computer, and just use what you want. Yes, you can uninstall Works (and I would do so). Go to Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs, and it should be listed for proper removal. .Net may need the earlier installations for 2.0 to work properly, so you might not want to clean them out. Welcome to Tech Guy Forums. Let us know if we have helped you. If not, we can try again! :)

3. JUDGUY

JUDGUY Thread Starter

thankyou for your answer, yes that is my main problem, lack of memory and im just trying to grab back as much as i can. so thats why i want to reinstall office. also ive got a lot of other programs alot that seem to do with microsoft that i know nothing about is there anywhere i can go and take a screen shot for someone to tell me what is to be kept and what can be got rid of.

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Perhaps someone else will jump in with a reply to your second inquiry. Meanwhile, go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and scroll down to Microsoft Office. You should be able to safely remove it, and then do a special reinstall from the CDs, selecting only the parts that you want, such as Word (I'm guessing that's the one you're interested in, to replace Works).

There are free programs you can use to clean up your hard drive. I highly recommend CCleaner -- it should be run on a regular basis, like weekly, to get rid of temp files, internet cache, and other things you don't need cluttering up your computer.

5. JUDGUY

JUDGUY Thread Starter

thank yes your right i only need a few things from office, word etc to do my uni work. and thanks, i do already use ccleanr and another program revo uninstaller and also have regseeker that came in my winrar. so hopfully im covered there im just so short on ram 228 ithink i need to really learn how to put more in and buy some but im not sure what my motherboard is or will hold or if i have to go and buy other things. but anyway again thanks for ur help and advice im glad i stumbaled on this forum.

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice