1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning out a Hard Drive........

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Dark Star, Jan 4, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. cwolfe98

cwolfe98

If you want to do a good job cleaning your hard drive, and save some $$$, then use an old mop bucket, lacquer thinner, and a large sponge. ((This also works on cleaning the MB also.))

1. Fill the bucket with the lacquer thinner.
    2. Remove HD (or MB) from computer, and place in bucket overnight. (8-12 hrs is enough.)
    3. Gently place the sponge on top of the lacquer thinner solution, thus soaking up all the "gunk" that floats to the top.
    4. Rinse with warm water and repeat if needed.
    5. Let air dry in a sunny window for a few hours.

:) ;) :p :D

If you do not have the time for all that, then just place HD or MB on top rack in dishwasher and set on scrub cycle with high heat drying. :p

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

Somebody wanna move this to Random Discusion before some newbie wanders in and !!!!!..Rhett

3. cwolfe98

cwolfe98

Prolly not a bad idea. I just realized this IS the "tips & tricks" forum.

For all the newbies - JUST JOKEING! ;)

4. SweetDreamer

SweetDreamer

Glad you pinted that out, I could have been in some serious trouble there :eek:

Well after seeing what tools you need I figured it was a joke. Luck for Dark Star that I did :D

5. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

SweetDreamer:
    That's what had us scared that some newbie would want to sue us because he had parts of his hard drive rattling around his dishwasher!

6. combsdon

combsdon

do ya know where I could find a good lawyer?:(

7. rhettman5

rhettman5

Lets PM Tech Guy for new user names!! Maybe he won't catch on !!! MULDER, there is NOTHING interesting going on here !!...RUN...Rhelport, yea, that's it, Rhelport !! :D P S ignore that hacked user name to the left !!!!

8. deuce

deuce

so you renamed your dog too? :D

9. rhettman5

rhettman5

Sorry to say, He is BROKE !! ...rhelport :)

Attached Files:

10. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

combsdon said:
    Real funny man aren't you. I didn't know Montana had comedians. :)

11. combsdon

combsdon

:) just ask JH :)

12. SweetDreamer

SweetDreamer

gbrumb, thats a good point. If I had done that, which I wouldn't have, who would get sued? The site or Dark Star for posting it? Wouldn't want to sue the site as I like it here and I think it's a great site.:D

13. combsdon

combsdon

Sweet D,

ask a couple lawyers.......get a couple answers :p

14. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

SweetDreamer:
    I know you wouldn't have because you have an abundance of common sense no matter how new you are to computers.

Who would I sue (if I did this type of crap),let me run it down with the reason(s) as well:
    1. The author for posting it on a web site (CNET) which provides computer help and for failure to properly notify, in the article, that the advice was fictitious.
    2. CNET for allowing the posting of the article and failure to warn readers that the article was a joke.
    3. DS for perpetuating the article on TSG (another computer help site) and failure to properly warn that the article is a joke.
    4. TSG and TechGuy for failure to properly supervise postings on the web site maintained by him also failure to properly warn that the article was a joke.
    5. Each moderator for failure to properly oversee and supervise the postings on TSG and failure to warn that the article was a joke.

Now would the person win? Not a chance. Believe or not stupidly is still a defense. The person who would do this is so stupid that they should be removed from the gene pool not awarded money.

15. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Give me a little more time and I could probably think of some more people to sue. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice