1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning out a Hard Drive........

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Dark Star, Jan 4, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce

crumb... :D :D
    That is Rhettman? Dont' get me wrong... I like small dogs sometimes... but that name made him sounmd so much bigger. :D :D

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

As long as Rhettwoman thinks he's big...no problem :D ...Rhett

3. deuce

deuce

Yeah... it always comes down to that. :rolleyes:

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Alright, kiddies, off to the random section where you belong :)

5. Rep

Rep

Greetings

So, what a wonderful idea. I needed to clean up my hard drive. Never been done before. I got to about page two or three and missed the part about drying the drive after the rinse cycle.

Came up with my own idea and would like to pass it on.

Remove the drive from the dishwasher and wrap it in a towel. Not a cotton towel mind you. (Lint you know.!!!) A bit of duct tape to hold it all together and set it in the clothes dryer. Run the drier for a couple of hours on high heat cycle and it comes out warm to the touch but dry.

BTW - What is all this talk about backup??? Is there another step I missed? I'll run back to the site and check it out.

No, couldn't find a thing about backing up the drive before beginning the process. Went back to the thread and found stuff about the need for attorneys.

Gbrumb wrote:

Now I get it, it was a joke. OK, that's funny. But, before the attorneys can get involved, we need to have a law passed!!!

Retroactive legislation. Major penalties. What should it look like?
    Any ideas? :D

6. Dark Star

Dark Star Thread Starter

I figured we'd have a little bit of fun with this one, but we're running with it now........I liiiiiiike it.

SweetDreamer,

There is not much left in this boy to sue for, my ex took everything and I didn't make her pay a lawyer to do all that I just told her I knew the end results, and why drag it all out? I just signed all the dotted lines.

We can still be friends and it worked for me because I still take the boat out whenever I want to, and she now pays for all the maintenance, registration, and luxury taxes on it. Get this she even makes her new boyfriend "be nice" to me because she can and it is her boat. nana nana naner.

Rep,

"Retroactive legislation. Major penalties. What should it look like?
    Any ideas?"

Whatever new legislation may be passed concerning damages to be awarded based on one's own stupidity, will no doubt make the lawyers even more money, will cost all of us more money, will likely back up the system even more, and in the end the would be intended recipient of any monetary awards will end up being just as stupid but with a few extra bucks.
    Perhaps we should look at legislation that would help eradicate stupidity.

GB,

The way it looks to me here is the same as it ever was one trail leading to the deepest pocket, and mentioning everyone in between. The other side will argue that your client was intelligent enough to read and smart enough to locate and disassemble the HD therefore he/she would fall into the category of "selectively stupid"

deuce,

Don't feel too bad for getting reeled in on this one many times I've only looked at the first page of a link and bookmarked it for later reference as you did.

Rhett,

How is that big wooden spoon of yours? :D

DS

7. jimi

jimi

Ducks & beer what a combo - delusional again hey DS - the still be friends thingy, best of luck;)

8. deuce

deuce

Yeah DS... that is kinda like me back in sophmore year of high school--when I got my first car but it wasn't exactly mine and really just my dad's and he worked out of state and so never was home during the week so I got to drive it where ever and when ever I wanted--and so anyway he paid all the payments and mantence and gas. When it would run low on gas during the week (which it seldom did as it usually ran low on the weekends while he was home... hehe :D) I would just put in a few dollars worth or how ever much it needed to last until friday evening. :D That way I didn't have to spend money on gas and didn't need to go to the gas station too often because whenever I would go I would usually get hit up by the drug dealers, so then that way I didn't have to worry about that. :rolleyes: You get the best of both worlds... the freedom to use your boat when ever you want and you don't have to sink one penny into it...that's her reward for prying it off ya. :D However in my case it only lasted for a year. The next year I got it from him (it actually became "mine") but then I had to pay for everything and then the year after that I had to give it back as his car was on lease and expired, and then mine became then the best car in the house then so he wanted the pathfinder back... :(and so I had to go buy an 8 year old used Blazer which isn't all that bad of a car, actually. :rolleyes:

Well... I figured now that Candy moved us into random we should play the part and ramble on. :D :D :rolleyes:

9. lawman

lawman

I like to put all the boxes in the back of my pick up with the covers off and run them through the car wash 5 times.:D

10. combsdon

combsdon

why use a car wash..............you're up the river.......without a paddle..............starting to get the idea??? :) :)

11. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Lawman----Welcome to TSG. Your first big mistake was posting, for the first time, in the Random Discussion Forum. That subjects you to responses like the one from your fellow law enforcement brethren Combsdon.

Combsdon is famous around here because he's the guy who shoved Reagan into the limo and broke his ribs. Oh, don't confuse that with the Hinkley thing, this occurred later. Reagan just happened to be walking by his limo and Combsdon yelled PRACTICE and shoved the President into the limo. For his due diligence the Service has permanently assigned him to Montana. :D

12. combsdon

combsdon

let me ask another way.........do ya know where I can find a lawyer? I seemed to be asking for too much the first time ;)

13. combsdon

combsdon

GB.............man you and Mulder beat me up ruthlessly. youse guys would make good partners.................dance partners! ;) :D ;)

14. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Combsdon------I don't know why you keep asking for a good lawyer, I would think that you guard good lawyers everyday as you take them back and forth from the jail to the courthouse. ;)

15. deuce

deuce

but they could rip anyone a part in the court room together...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice