1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning out a Hard Drive........

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Dark Star, Jan 4, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. lawman

lawman

Well Deuce, you can report anybody. But the first thing you are going to be asked is why did you wait 2 months to deside to report this. A good bit of advise to you and anyone else is never pass a marked police unit unless he or she is doing the limit or below. About the over the limit grace of 15% or any grace that is just a discretionary thing left to the individual officer to deside. A police officer can write you for 1 mile per hour over if he chooses. I personally think it is not very good practice to do so but it is not a violation of any rules. Good luck.
    LAWMAN

2. deuce

deuce

Ok thanks for the info. Is it true county court houses don't usually send in tickets to the state for 5 and less over the limit so far as they get paid? That is something I have heard before. And for the record, I didn't pass the guy. We were both going 73 and he slowed down.

3. lawman

lawman

I don't know how the law works in MN but I am in Louisiana and if you were here I could take care of the thing by letting you pay court cost of 100.00 and it would not go on your driving record. Maybe you could find someone who knows someone who works for the DA in that area that could do the same thing. It's worth a try. We also have something here for first offenders who can plead 894 and if you don't get another one in a period of time set by the court it is not put on your record. But if you do get another in that time you get to pay for both and have them put on your record to.
    LAWMAN

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hey deuce, you need to move to Mexico...... :D

How's this for a story.....

Went to Costco, bought quite a large refrigerator.....put it in back of pick up truck.....

HISTORY:
    Here they have 'companies' who have licenses to haul large things including furniture, that you need to contract with, UNLESS you are hauling it for your own private use. If you are stopped by some friendly 'policia' you just show him your receipt and it better match the name on your driver's license....if so, you're good to go......

So, we're cruising along up the hill from Costco, and get 'waved over' (yes, that's correct, they just wave you over to stop when they see you coming, if they want to 'talk' to you).....so, we pulled over.....were asked the normal questions, where we were going, if the fridge was for our own house....yes, no problem.....adios, have a good day......

The two open beers sitting in plain view in the console --- no problema......... :D Gotta love Mexico!

Oh, and yes, this was a couple of months ago....... :)

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Thread Starter

You have Costco in Mexico....

.........and it's not called Cuestaco? :confused:

:D
    DS

6. Rep

Rep

deuce_mn

Might wanna remember, 44 states now have budget problems. Probably so in MN. Traffic tickets as a revenue stream? What a novel idea. Drive carefully. :D

7. hewee

hewee

8. hewee

hewee

9. Rep

Rep

hewee

You must be the master of the links. Are you a librarian? Seems you have everyting at your fingertips.:)

10. deuce

deuce

They have that in MN... if you show up on your court date they offer you that deal... and they say they refund your money if you uphold your end of the bargain, but they don't. But at least they do take the ticket off your record if you keep your record clean for the alloted time. See Rep, the State doesn't make any money off the way your record looks, so of course they will be glad to take it off if paying less on insurance means you can afford to pay more to the state on all of your traffic tickets. :rolleyes: Lawman... I'm from inner-city Chicago. There, what happens is if you get a ticket, you show up on your court date... what in line for hours next to rapists and such, and when it is your turn the judge looks at you as a law abiding citizen for bothering to show up and signs off on your ticket, waves you into a room to watch a movie on the dangers of speeding and road rage and all that (the movies you watched at drivers ed) and then when it is over you are free to go... no ticket. Doesn't go on your record and you don't have to pay it. And all without having to open your mouth... well, except for saying "here" when the judge takes roll and stating your reason for being there when asked to do so. (how's that for a story...)

Candy... ah, the joys of Mexico. :D I have spent many weeks down there. The one thing I do remember though, is they always warn you not to get into an accident, that they put you in jail until it is settled... is that true? I have heard it a few times and never really knew if it was true or not. I always assumed it wasn't, but who knows... :rolleyes: I always get a chuckle out of how you can sometimes drive right through the US to Mexico side at El Paso/Juarez without even slowing down... but to get back into the US you of course sit in line for a few hours minimun and then face a 75% chance of getting stoped and searched... but you always have to stop and present passports and such. I also remember that whenever I was in Juarez there was never any water anywhere in the city. You turn the facet and nothing would come out. Not even the super market, which was your sure chance for clean restrooms, (where cockroaches weren't a concern) had running water, so the restrooms there were cleaner, but couldn't be flushed because there was no water. (ok, now go figure how bad it was)

It is the same thing in Argentina. They have no international customs, but they have domestic customs. (go figure... :rolleyes: ) (the domestic airport in Buenos Aires is downtown, BTW :rolleyes: ) Traveling from province to province you have to go through rigerous customs--they ALWAYS open all your bags and search by hand--and ask all the questions more than once in the same five minutes. Also, traveling from province to province you have to step in the foam tub getting off a plane or whatever vehicle you traveled in. (airfare is usually the cheapest form of travel) When I flew in to Buenos Aires from Chicago, I walked toward the exit, held out my "pasaporte" and they stamped it (I never had to open my mouth) and just walked out of the airport. Leaving was quite a different story. I'd have to say, it took maybe 2 hours to get from steping into the airport to walking down the gate ti get down on the plane. (they told me I should keep all my forms out, and they meant it.) BTW this was before all that sept 11 stuff. First, I had to get clearance to approach the pre-check in counter. The entire area was roped off and quarded with security, and you weren't allowed within 20 feet of the pre-checkin (which was 20 feet from the real check-in) unless you were a ticketed passenger on the flight whose booth you were nearest to. I went upto the "pre-checkin" and they scaned my passport and checked my ticket and went through the elaborat3e security check... asking all the usual questions in three different forms, asking for identification of all non-textile items in my possesion and I had to show them and turn on my mini disc and cell phone. Then I was cleared and went to the real check in and was asked the same security questions in a summerized format and the lady checked me in and tried to take care of misc. charges.. :confused: of which I had no idea of and so didn't pay them. :rolleyes: I selected my seat number, the lady put a yellow "busque esto, por favor" sticker with red strips on my chacked bag and I went on my way. I then left that area and proceeded up the stairs to the security check point. I got there and a security guard checked my passport and ticket and I went through a metal dector and then got wanded even though I didn't set off the detector, then got in line for the (can't think of the name) booth to get my "pasaporte" stamped again for leaving Argentina. While waiting I was given a card to fill out. I didn't mind taking the time to fill it out as there were at least 150 people in line in front of me. When I got to the booth they scaned my passport and my ticket and asked me all the same security questions as before, but revised them and asked instead, "if I did them since I was last asked". They asked me how much money I spent and then I spent 5 or so more minutes there and proceeded toward my gate. At the gate area I was stoped and asked to show my passport and ticket. Then I went to the check-in at the gate and had to check in there and show my passport and ticket again and they scaned my ticket and then I went to the actual gate and gave the lady my ticket and she gave my back the receit and I took my seat on the plane. That experience makes my think they had secuirty problems at that airport before. :rolleyes: (they told me initially people have brought things they shouldn't and never knew... whatever that means--I was thinking like "what they brought a bomb and didn't know it?") Anyway, it was ironic because at the time, the US had nowhere near the security and actually, compared to the security leaving Argentina, the security in the US was practically nonexistent.

(now how's that for a story... :D)

[Edit: So hewee... how come two of your links are duplicates?... :D]

11. hewee

hewee

deuce_mn,

The other link is to take you to the other books at the site.

They are good books. I have The Traffic Ticket Scam, IRS UNDER ATTACK! and IRS UNDER INDICTMENT?

I lost A&R Publishing's Home Page about 3 years ago and just found it again last night.

Get the The Traffic Ticket Scam.

12. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hey deuce, yes, we have a Costco, Sam's and Super Walmart :)

Basically, if you get into an accident here and it's your fault (pretty much if you are the one who 'hit' the other guy, you ARE at fault, doesn't matter if he stopped in front of you, or pulled out in front of you or changed lanes in front of you.....if he ends up in front, it's YOUR fault) you need to make a settlement with him right there on the spot. If you can't come to an agreement, the 'peritos' (experts) will be called in, and they'll decide whose fault it is. You will be taken to jail if it's your fault, even though you have auto insurance, until your insurance company settles. And you better hope you have a few bucks with you when you get thrown into jail.....if you do, you can order Domino's pizza and have it delivered if you like....if you don't, well, let's say you'll come out a bit 'slimmer.' Not the best crash diet in the world :(

And speaking of security, after 9/11 (less than a week) when we couldn't get out of Mexico and had to return to the US for a family emergency, we flew to Tijuana, walked across the border (with luggage) at the Otae Mesa (spelling?) crossing, and all we were asked is if we were bringing back anything......duh......oh, ya, sure, we've got plants, fruits and vegetables :D :D

13. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

hewee: Hi;) .... Please send me the link to Dubya's Security Trading Details of Enron Stock for the past 6 years .... I know you have it somewhere!!

combsdon: You don't want "my kind" in your state;) .... besides .... they don't have any real bagels & lox up in those mountains .... just a bunch of sheep! :eek:

AcaCandy: Does your Mom know that you play with hard....s all day ... every day .... even in MexicoLand???:D

Deuce: Who you trying to kid? You have never been to Chicago & you know it!:mad:

LAWMAN: Where the heck did you come from? :confused: They have computers in the Bijou??? I would welcome you here ... but that was done already! So did you feel real powerful & like a real man when you gave people speeding tickets? Must be real hard to use a radar gun & hide in the woods somewhere! Too bad you didn't have some real work to do .... like fight crime!
    Yeah I know ... speeding tickets bring in revenue & save lives ... so do seat belts & air bags! (no revenue there, though!) Been to New Orleans several times on business .... real fun city I must say ... so many drunks & druggies & hookers .... but you were busy with that radar gun .... no time for that!:eek: I think we have much in common:rolleyes: Really, Lawman, this is a great site ... you already have met some of its finest inmates .... You haven't by chance met "Lord Mulder" yet have you?:p
    Have a nice stay .... I will be watching your every post!;)

14. combsdon

combsdon

15. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Marshall: :) I am sure that Lawman will enjoy the herdes of sheep .... he does so enjoy an evening in New Orleans;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice