1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cleaning solutions for Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Crusnik, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Hello all, this is my first time actually posting here, though I've been getting tips and solutions from here for a while!

I have a few questions related to Office installs. I have several PC's on a network that have had different versions of Office installed over the years and my co-worker says they are reporting as having all of the different versions of office installed, even though only one copy is actually installed.

I was wondering if there was some sort of cleaner I could run that would take care of any left over files / registry entries for Microsoft products. I know of a few registry cleaners out there that may do the job, but here is the part that may put a spin on things. I'm looking for a free cleaner that doesn't require an install and can be run off a network or USB drive.

Anyone know of any app like that? Or have any alternative solutions =)? Thanks!

2. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Any ideas? Or is this in the wrong forum?

3. letchworth

letchworth

I won't be of any help to you as I use Open office (& we don't have that problem)-- however, to answer this question, you are in the right forum of Business Applications-- it just must be that the right person to answer this question has not had an opportunity to either research or respond to your question. Hang in there-- they should be along soon.

letchworth

4. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

I wasn't sure if this should have gone in Business Applications or the Windows NT/2000/XP forum. Thanks for your reply, I'll sit tight =).

5. jbhardman

jbhardman

Try ccleaner.com. It's a really good registry cleaner. I can't gaurantee it will work, but it's worth a try.

6. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion =). I've heard of that app before, but here is my situation. My team needs to hit like... 600 machines. Was wondering if there was an app similar to this that doesn't require an install, free or not.

I want to be able to sit at a PC, put my USB drive in, run the scan, and be done in the shortest time possible. Maybe I'm asking for too much =D!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice