cleanup a hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zebuf

Hi

I have an older pc win 98 OS (64 ram. AMID, 8GB) it has a whole bunch of errors on it. I would like to wipe the hard drive and reinstall win 98.

I have no idea how to do this and would like to know where I can find some written instructions that I could follow.

The manual that came with it tells me nothing about doing this.

Thanks for any help you can give me

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
First off, what kind of disk do you have with Windows 98 on it? Full installation, restore cd (computers like Compaq, Dell, etc.)?

zebuf

My HUBBY HAD SOMEONE BUILD THIS SYSTEM FOR HIM AND IT CAME WITH WIN 98 2IND EDITION ON A CD

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Do you have the sound card drivers, video drivers, motherboard drivers, etc. on a cd anywhere? If not, it would be wise to locate those first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online