clear the address bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladymemi

Hi all, how can I clear out the address bar, you know whey you go to type an address in it will start to bring up address that are similar to sites you've been to? I want to clear it out permanently so can you tell me how it is done?

Right click on start> properties> customize button> advance tab> Recent Documents area click on Clear List.

Also you can do this in the registry:

1. Click on Start, then Run.
2. Type regedit in the box then ok.
3. In Regedit navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Typed URLs
4. Then just delete all of the keys that list the URL's you no longer want to see.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online