cleared webpage history

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peter1

Brand new apple user and I have cleared web-page history by accident....very different from clearing my old PC history.

is the deleted page history stored somewhere? can I get it back?

Also, can I import my old favorites from my Microsoft to my mac?

thanks, Pete

You should be able to export your PC favorites/bookmarks to a text file and move the file to the Mac.
Next go to versiontracker.com and get a utility called Safari Enhancer. Install it and you'll have a new menu item called Debug.
On that you'll have an import tool which will make inporting that text file much easier.
It'll show up in your bookmarks under an "Imported IE favorites" folder. Feel free to rearrange them into whatever logical filing system you'd like.

Enhancer has lots of other little tweaks that are worth having as well.

I do believe that the history is history after you clear it.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online