1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clearing virtual COM Ports?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by littlefoot, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlefoot

littlefoot Thread Starter

I have just purchased a Nokia 6600 and I want to connect it to my computer. I have obtained a Bluetooth Dongle with software and installed that along with PC
    Suite following the instructions to the letter. First time around I could not get PC Suite to open properly but I managed to get it connected to the phone and after trying lots of different things uninstalled the lot and re-installed. Now I have bluetooth working, PC Suite working but cannot connect PC Suite to my phone. I keep getting a message that the virtual port I need (COM 4) is being used by another application. I need to clear this virtual port for PC Suite to use and then I think I may be able to connect. Please help as I have no idea how to do this and have been trying for days now. :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!