Click on link, new window opens AND same opens in original window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryj1

Using Internet Explorer 7.0 - I use a website that has links that open up into a new window, and a Quicktime video comes up... I'm using a lap top that I've had for almost a year, but haven't used online much... anyway, when I click on the link, a new window opens, and the video begins to play.... but the original window also changes to the video, so they are BOTH playing, at the same time. How can I change it so that the new window opens and plays the video, but the original window stays on the page where the original link was selected?

Additional Details
I've been going to the site using both Firefox and IE7 on THIS computer with no problem, but the problem is with the OTHER laptop... The site is lynda.com - but for the above reason, I don't think it's a problem with their site. Where, on IE7, can I find "preferences"? Is there such a thing?

Look under Tools in IE and click on Internet Options. Look in Control Panel under Folder Options as well. Hope this helps. Jazz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online