1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Clicking anywhere on browser pages opens new malware pages

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by asaaki, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asaaki

asaaki Thread Starter

I've pasted SysInfo below.
    Whenever I enter a search on google.com, new malware search results show up.
    Sometimes clicking on a link I want to get to opens up a new browser tab that I didn't ask for. Sometimes this happens even when clicking on any random space on the page, not even on a link.
    The other day I opened Youtube and there were all these new Youtube videos showing up on my home page in another language that I had no interest in.
    Someone else uses this computer once in a while and I think they may not be aware of what links and downloads to avoid.
    I'm usually using Google Chrome.
    Anyway, please help! This has been going on for a while but it's really interfering work now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the information of my system:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 0 @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16309 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 953 GB (637 GB Free); F: 931 GB (647 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 082WXT
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

2. asaaki

asaaki Thread Starter

In addition - sometimes when I open a new tab, even before google.com can open, some other search engine starts up.

3. asaaki

asaaki Thread Starter

Bump? :unsure:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice