1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clicking mapped/network drives opens minesweeper

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scubagirl, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scubagirl

scubagirl Thread Starter

For some reason on my XP machine, it recently started opening minesweeper when I try to click on a network or mapped drive (and won't open the mapped drive). I've tried dropping and reconnecting - and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

2. DaBeers

DaBeers

Drop, reboot, then establish new, reboot to afirm

3. scubagirl

scubagirl Thread Starter

No go - still pulling up minesweeper after following those directions.

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I would try a second map of the same hard drive only give it a different drive letter. If that doesn't work map a different drive as an experiment and if that doesn't work; how long ago did this start to occur? If not too long ago you might want to try a system restore to just previous to it starting to happen if possible.

5. scubagirl

scubagirl Thread Starter

*all* mapped drives do this - even after dropping all, rebooting, etc.

Mine has been doing this for about 6 months - so probably to far to go back and restore.

A co-worker's computer just started doing the same thing. I don't know if it's an association problem or a virus. I googled a few keywords and couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/796147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice