1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clicking Noise

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobobom, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobobom

bobobom Thread Starter

Hiya

My sisters computer is making lots of clicking noise and it is coming from the harddrive.

From what I am trying to understand her problem VIA TEXTING...she said, when she clicked on the mouse and the egg timer comes up esp when she is on the internet...it keeps repeating that sound even when the pc is idle.

Any advice please and much appreciated
    jackie

2. Lance1

Lance1

Tell your sister to backup her important data. When a hard drive begins to make noise like that it is on it way out so I would replace it.

3. bobobom

bobobom Thread Starter

really...is that why ....oh god poor sister so it means she will need to buy a new hardrive or a pc?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Unless the clicking is coming from somewhere else, the hard drive is going through its death throbs. It'll need to be replaced and the Windows operating system reinstalled.

How old is your sister's computer? It may not be cost-effective to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. golferbob

golferbob

when my hard drive went ,i had the noise for about a month.get a new hard drive fast.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice