Clicking noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Razgriz

Hey,

Today my laptop started making a clicking or popping noise every second or so, no other sounds can be heard. The sound seems to be coming from the left speaker only too. I've also noticed that a little red light is shining in my headphone/SPDIF port. I figured that my SPDIF must have turned on, but i have no idea how to turn it off and if the clicking noise is related

I'm running on a

Ei System 4115c

thanks for help guys and girls

R

Hi Razgriz,

Does the clicking occur when booting up? If so, it is likely a hard disk failure about to happen and time to get your disks down to your local PC shop to have them fully backed up on a segment basis (low level) and replace them with the new disks.

You can download and install SpeedFan and take a look at the SMART values for your hard drives in any case. SpeedFan is free.

-- Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online