1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clicking noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Razgriz, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Razgriz

Razgriz Thread Starter

Hey,

Today my laptop started making a clicking or popping noise every second or so, no other sounds can be heard. The sound seems to be coming from the left speaker only too. I've also noticed that a little red light is shining in my headphone/SPDIF port. I figured that my SPDIF must have turned on, but i have no idea how to turn it off and if the clicking noise is related

I'm running on a

Ei System 4115c

thanks for help guys and girls

R

2. Razgriz

Razgriz Thread Starter

i've also uninstalled and reinstalled the audio device

3. Razgriz

Razgriz Thread Starter

noone can help? :(

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi Razgriz,

Does the clicking occur when booting up? If so, it is likely a hard disk failure about to happen and time to get your disks down to your local PC shop to have them fully backed up on a segment basis (low level) and replace them with the new disks.

You can download and install SpeedFan and take a look at the SMART values for your hard drives in any case. SpeedFan is free.

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice