1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

clicking on links in email

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sweetcheekies, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

Okay sorta a long story to get to the point sorry. I am having to use my old computer that ran on AOL until my other computer gets fixed.. so I put my ethernet card in this old puter so i can use my dsl.. that all works.. but when i am in my email and if it has a link I want to click on it tries to start up my AOL. How can I get it to stop doing that and just open up Internet explorer like a normal computer would ( one without AOL on it ) I don't want to remove AOL. because when my other computer comes back the kids will be using this one. thanks for any help you can give me

:)

2. JenniferLore

JenniferLore Banned

Any computer with AOL is not normal.
    Go to the control panel.
    Open internet tools
    go to the connections tab

under dial-up and virtual private network settings
    click the radio button that states
    Never dial a connection

Select the Programs tab
    Put a check on the box that reads
    Internet explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser.

Click ok

3. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

ty .. i had done most of that just not the programs tab. again ty for your help it worked.

CASE CLOSED :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice