Clicking on My Pictures opens Outlook Express!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

awangofo2

This really frustrating me.
I'm totally out of my depth with this one so please can someone give me a bit of help?

The problem is whenever I click on My Pictures from the start button Outlook Express open up.
If I right click on My Pictures, a context menu appears & I can open it fine by choosing the Open option.
Also, on this context menu there is an entry in bold that I've not noticed before - it says "association with file"

Can anyone help with this please.
I'd be extremely grateful if they can.

Thank you

Mike

bearone2

Banned
you probably "saved as" with an eml extension so it opens in the email program.

It sounds like the my pictures shortcut path is pointing to outlook express for some reason. Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.

Right click the taskbar and select properties > select the start menu tab at the top of the dialogue box that opens > click the customize button > a new dialogue box opens, click the advanced tab at the top > scroll down until you see my pictures and check the "don't display this item" button > click the ok button at the bottom of the box > and click apply and ok buttons at the bottom.

Now click the start button and verify that the my pictures shortcut is no longer in the start menu, it should be gone. Now just go through those same steps again, but this time click the "display as a link" button under my pictures. It's just a guess, but by removing and replacing the shortcut, windows will assign the correct path.

awangofo2

Thank you so much for the incredibly fast replies.
I'm new to the forum thing so thought I'd give it a try. Glad I did.
Elvandil asked whether other folders have the problem and it seems
My Computer does the same thing.

awangofo2

Please can you tell me how I 'merge' with the reg file.
And what will it do when I've done it?

Thanks again

If you have the unzipped reg file, just double-click it and answer "yes" to the question. If it opens in Notepad instead (some system tweakers make that change so people won't accidentally merge something), then right-click the reg file and choose "Merge". The change should be immediate, but you may need to restart.

awangofo2

Fantastic help. And so quick too.
I'll try it out and keep you posted.

Best Regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online