1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clicking "see more results" on start menu search automatically redirects explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mikhailovich, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikhailovich

mikhailovich Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 7 SP1, recently clean installed. The only non-Windows processes I have running in the background are DropBox and the 2 Apple iPod services.

When I use the Start Menu search box to search indexed files, it works fine. But when I click the "See more results" button at the bottom, which should open up a full search window, it opens up but *immediately* redirects the window to the top item in the tree hierarchy, which in this case is "Favorites." If I click "back" in explorer, I get my search results - but this is annoying. :confused:

Additional info: when I click the "Windows Explorer" link from the start menu, I hear the navigation "click" sound every time I open it, as if it's redirecting as soon as I open it. This does *not* happen when I open explorer with the Win+E key combo.

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks much in advance for your ideas.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice