1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"clicks" and long boot up time...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jjmoreno, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jjmoreno

jjmoreno Thread Starter

When I click on the profile in wondows XP, it takes about 1 minute open up. There isn't really anything in my startup folder(any) save for a sound max shortcut and this problem has been around since the beg.

I also stopped hearing "clicks" when i open folders or clicked on files for some reason. Is there some where in control panel I can get this back?

2. rude

rude

What " profile in wondows XP" gives you the problem?

For the sounds go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices,on the "Sounds" tab you can set the sounds that windows will play for specific events.The cool thing is that you can download sound bytes from the net and apply them to events eg.instead of having the "Click "you refered to in your post,you can have it tell you "you are now opening a folder",or anything else your imagination can come up with.

3. jjmoreno

jjmoreno Thread Starter

those downloadable sound cheme sounds "sound" amazing!

All profiles take exactly 1 minute between password input and desktop appearance. There's gotta be something to correct.

4. jjmoreno

jjmoreno Thread Starter

Profiles created for windows XP!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice