1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Client lease time???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Padros4, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padros4

Padros4 Thread Starter

Dec 14, 2005

What is a client lease time and what should it be set at? I continuously have a problem w/ my desktop dropping internet connectivity after 1 day (it's directly wired to a new Linksys broadband router) and just noticed that my client lease time is set to 0. Should it be set to something else? Can I somehow change the settings so that the client lease time is never up? I don't exactly understand what the client lease time is, and I don't really want to continue to deal w/ my connectivity dropping consistently.

I've posted here a day or two ago w/ the connectivity problem and received a few responses...before I try their suggestions I just thought I'd ask about this whole client lease time thing and whether or not this alone may be the cause of my connectivity problem. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Oct 19, 2002
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/425485