1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Client service for Netware and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mimi305, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mimi305

Mimi305 Thread Starter

We just got a new computer at the office with Windows XP Home Edition (it's a small office and we do have one other computer w/the Home Edition and it works fine). I am trying to network this new computer and have gone to Control Panel - Network Connections - LAN Connection (which is enabled;we can get onto the Internet and get email; cannot access the network drives or printer) - right-clicked on "Properties" - hit the Install button under "this connection uses the following items" - highlighted Client - hit Add but can't find "Client service for Netware" to install. I've looked for it on the Windows XP CD (as suggested by someone) but honestly don't know what the file name is.
    Can anyone help? Am I looking in the right place for the app? If so, do you know the name of the file? If not, any ideas where to go? I've tried the Novell website but honestly I haven't a clue. TIA!

2. Rockn

Rockn

XP Home is not meant to be used in a corporate LAN environment. It will not work as a Domain member in a Windows network but I am not sure of the implications for Netware.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

We run Netware where I work but I have never tried installing the client on XP Home. Let me know how it works.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Have you tried the client from Novell or just the one from XP.

Most times I've needed to use the Novell since the native one didn't have all the features and capabilities that were required.

6. flash777

flash777

click on tcp/ip then click install

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

1. There is no "install" TCP/IP on XP. It's already there by default.
    2. From his first post he can get to the Internet just fine.
    3. The problem is at work he needs to get the Novell client working

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice