Client Service For Netware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dianabol

I have wind xp pro .
On my control panel i have this programme C.S.F.N its a picture of a lead. now this programme needs removing as it stops me being able to switch users and log on quickly.Problem is when i go to add/remove programmes its not on the list .
Any ideas on how to remove or deactivate this annoying programme? :confused:

the following was found on page 6, the link is provided below. you may want to click the link and check that out first though.

What are Client Services for Netware?
John Savill
InstantDoc #14415
John Savill's FAQ for Windows

A. CSNW provides an NT workstation with basic file and printer connectivity to Netware. It supports both Bindery and NDS.
To remove the NetWare for fast account switching you need to uninstall it from your network. Go to network connections in your control panel, from there you will see your regular ISP connection and most likely some other connections. Right click and click properties on the connection you don't use. In the list you should see 'Client service for NetWare', highlight it and click the uninstall button. That's it, NetWare has been removed and you can change users fast again without losing your work.

:::WARNING::: If you run any type of network, do not disable NetWare, if you do the network will not work anymore, only remove if you no longer require a network connection.

I hope that helps

Chapz.

Chapz - May 24, 2004
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/14415/14415.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online