Client-side port blocking?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

richardhofman

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any ideas as to how the school technicians have blocked proxy software from our school network? I used to use a program called UltraSurf to tunnel through our web filter software, but somehow the technicians have disabled it. I am presuming that they have blocked the port that it uses, but I do nto know enough about Windows Firewall, Security Policies and general networking to think of a way I might be able to unblock this.

Is it possible to block ports on client machines by changing settings solely on the server?

Could they have blocked the port on my machine?

And most importantly: is there any way of "tricking" the server into thinking that UltraSurf is legitimate traffic or removing the policy blocking the port on my machine?

Thanks,
Richard

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The school could just be blocking access for all computers to any of the proxy servers used by UltraSurf and other proxy programs at the school's router or firewall.

I do not believe TSG rules permit giving assistance in tricking, hacking or in any way circumventing web filters run by you school's administration.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
We won't assist in bypassing legal restrictions on company and school networks. I suspect the school wants their network used for school activities, which is why they've blocked this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online