1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Client with Slow downloading computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by owen64, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. owen64

owen64 Thread Starter

I have a client who's computer is having problems downloading from the net. It either times out or is going that slow that it would take hours to download even basic programs.
    I have run a virus check, malware and spy ware check and have come up blank. I have checked how much downlaod they are allowed in case it has been reduced due to doing too much, not this. Have checke their connection and the figures they are getting is fine and their IP says they are recieving a similar speed it just isn't getting through to the computer.
    I have advised them to go back to their IP provider and get a new modem as I think this is where the problem may be, but am looking for some suggestions in case there is an area that I haven't checked out.
    Have tested the unit outside their home and it seems to run and download fine so the above was my last possible idea for where the problem may lay.
    Can anyone give me any further ideas and where else to look as am fast running out of ideas.

Owen64

2. fewkesy

fewkesy

What type of connection is it? ADSL/DSL?

3. owen64

owen64 Thread Starter

The client has ADSL. Have tried to think of every other possability but still keep coming back to the modem.

4. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
  5. owen64

owen64 Thread Starter

Have had a look at these links and have tried what has been suggested on these previously. It is only when this computer is downloading a file that there is the problem. I cleaned it early on which allowed it to open new pages etc quicker then when it is backlogged with too much history and cookies etc but this had no effect on it's downlaoding speed for new files.
    Thanks for the idea and links though.

Owen64

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice