1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Client's document management within web site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by boscolil, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boscolil

boscolil Thread Starter

I want to create a secure area within my web site to which clients and I can upload documents rather than send them via email (like Googledocs, except confined to my site). Each client would need to log in to their own secure area, upload to and download from it, and have some way of easily seeing what's there. Does anyone know any suitable software to organise this? I have searched on phrases such as "online document management systems", but I just get reams of hits for companies offering the service and nothing that will help me create one myself.

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

There are quite a few out there like DokuWiki or Drupal (with the document API ) that will allow you to do this.

3. boscolil

boscolil Thread Starter

Thank you for your very quick response. I've looked at these, but unless I've misunderstood what they are about I don't think they are what I need. It's more of a storage area within my website that I want. For example, I give my client a user name and password for his own area of the site; he uploads a spreadsheet; I download it and work on it; I upload it; he can access it from the secure area, work on it and upload it again for me to look at. There needs to be some way of tracking the document going into and out of the secure area and a listing of the documents there. Does this make sense?

4. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

5. jonvan

jonvan

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice