1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clip Gallery Quits Immediately After Starting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by staylord, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. staylord

staylord Thread Starter

When I use Microsoft Clip Gallery to insert a clip art picture, the clip gallery starts and then immediately quits. This happens in Word 2000, Publisher 98 and Frontpage 2000. I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 260073.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260073
    My computer is not on a network. I use Windows 98. I am not sure what a network client is. I have tried Method 2 in the article but that didn't work. Should I download an updated Novell 32-bit network client. Why would I need one of these if I'm not on a Network? I have had this problem before and on previous occasions I've been forced to uninstalled Word, Publisher and Frontpage and then reinstalled them. I tried that this time but the problem reoccurred straight away.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you tried running repair of Office under Start-Settings-Control panel?

Likely, if you installed Publisher last, it got goofed up then.

Not nice to mix versions when you want to use the clip gallery.

:D

Always install the most recent version of (whatever) last.

3. staylord

staylord Thread Starter

Hi!
    I have run detect & repair in both Word and Frontpage. I also tried uninstalling Office 2000, Frontpage and Publisher. I then reinstalled Office by itself but the problem was already there. Do you think if I upgrade to XP this would fix the problem?

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You shouldn't have to do that.

Uninstall Office and Publisher.

Start-->Run-->

type "regedit" without the quotes and hit enter.

Browse to hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office

Delete the Office folder or rename it to OldOffice if you want to "back it up".

Then reinstall Publisher first, into a folder called c:\Pub98 (or similar)

Then reinstall Office, into a folder called c:\Office2K (or similar)

I think that it will resolve your issues, and much less expensive than upgrading. I would not personally upgrade to XP if I had the choice, but because of my work, I must have it. If you mean upgrade to Windows XP, I don't believe this would resolve the issue either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice