1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

clipart corrupted

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mypom, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mypom

mypom Thread Starter

all of the sudden I cant insert clipart that has always been available. Keep getting msg. that its been corrupted and need to reinstall but don't know how without disk avail.

2. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

just wondering if you can manually open a clipart file outside of other programs....

I just tried......

open Windows Explorer (right click start button)
    drill down to
    - c:/
    - programs
    - microsoft office
    - clipart
    -popular

all my clipart files are now listed in right side viewing pane

( just to see if the actual files are corrupt, or just the ability to insert them, for some reason)

below is a screenshot

(sidenote.... the file type is .WMF ...windows meta file....I noticed that the free viewer "Irfanview" allows converting graphics to and from this type , but they call it .EMF ...enhanced meta file)

Attached Files:

3. mypom

mypom Thread Starter

I got to where you told me to go in programs and it looked like you said it would, BUT when I click on an individual category like borders or cartoons, etc. it comes up empty and says clips not found

4. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

well, I guess that was a good first thing to try....
    If in fact the clip art files are gone or corrupted, you may need to repair "word" which I believe needs you to have the installation disc.
    One of this sites resident Word Wizards , "Dreamboat" would be better suited to instruct you on the details of that. I'll ask her to give us a hand on her next visit.....hang in there

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Well. Frankly, it doesn't always give you much clipart. I go get all my clips on the web. So...just because you don't have any clipart doesn't mean it's corrupt anymore.

When you download from the web, it puts the pix into the right categories, etc....

Hope that helps!

Moving this to the Business apps forum...

Also, Clipart isn't part of Word, it's part of Office, so repairing Word would do virtually nothing.

WMF are Windows meta files and used to be the best for printing from Office apps. These days, it seems like JPGs do a better job, and that's what you usually get from the online clips, I think.

6. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

Thanks Dreamboat......

I also get most clip art from the Net....especially from the MSN design gallery site.
    For those that don't know about it, yet....This site will import the clipart right into the clipart folder for MS Office.....or you can just copy and paste from there if you want to use it in another application......greeting card, etc.
    From within Word, when I click on "insert picture", and get to the clip art utility, I click on the button for "web access" and it takes me to the clip art gallery site.......or I can get to it through my favorites at...( <b>http://dgl.microsoft.com/</b> )

there are photos, clip arts, and animations....even a few sound effects ....very useful site...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice