1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clock Ahead 1 Hr

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by phil_tech07, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phil_tech07

phil_tech07 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2. I've downloaded all the necessary patches for the daylight savings time fix and my clock is ahead one hour than it should. The checkbox to automatically adjust clock is checked and I've tried going back and forth on different time zones to get the it right; but it will not work. Also using Outlook 2007, but only for some minor email usage. Was told that Outlook 07 did not need a patch, only needed one if you did stuff with the calendar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

You say after the patches your time went ahead by an hour and that is good and just what is supposed to happen. Then you say you are trying to go back and forth between time zones and it will not work. Question is why do you have to go between time zones?

3. phil_tech07

I meant that when my computer went ahead, it actually went ahead two hours instead of one. Then what I meant by the switching of the time zones is that I read sometimes when you do that you will end up with right time, but that did not happen.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Could you give some system stats on your computer?

5. phil_tech07

XP Professional, Serice Pack 2
    Using Outlook 2007(not for calender or appointment purposes)
    AMD Sempron Processor 3000+
    1.8 GHz, 448 Mb of Ram
    80 GB Hard Drive

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Do you have all of the Windows Updates installed? Or are you selectively picking the ones you want?

7. phil_tech07

All of them are installed.

8. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Open the clock by double clicking on it in the lower right corner and then click on time zone and if the little box for automatic is not checked please check it. It has to have a check in there.

9. phil_tech07

Yes, I am aware that the box needs to be checked and it is. I stated that in my first post.

10. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

11. phil_tech07

I have read the sticky and done the Tzedit.exe program. I'm in the Central Standard Time Zone. The edit program had no effect. My time is still an hour ahead of what it should be.

12. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You'll need to contact a support professional for guidance. I hear that DST issues on supported operating systems will be treated as free calls.

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

The above line was taken from Windows Secrets Newsletter and this is the best advise I can give you. I am almost willing to bet the solution is something that makes simple look great.

Have a good day and please post back what the solution was.

13. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Did you try manually setting the time and then re-starting? If so does it keep the time you set it to? Also did you try syncing it with one of the time servers? give this a read..
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

14. drpepper0869

drpepper0869

I am having a similar problem with the clock on several pcs. They are running XP SP2 and are connected to a network, The domain server is W2K server Service Pack 4. Every hour a few pcs, will set the clock ahead 1 hour. The check box is selected on all the pcs and also on the server. The computer that I use is one of those effected, and I need to reset the time almost every hour.

I will be greatful for any help that someone can provide

15. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Your problem may be similar but it's not the same if you are on a network using W2k server. Give this a read and if the problem persists please post separately to avoid any confusion.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216734

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/552210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice