1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

clock & day & time in notification area

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ppollock, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

In the notitifcation area, where the time is displayed, i now have time (e.g., 21.26) and underneath that is the day (e.g., Sunday). How can I get rid fo the day???

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

thanks--but in the control panel for regioanl settings, i do not see any place to add or delete the "DAY OF THE WEEK." In fact I have never seen this happen to my computer before. And it has enlarged the whole system tray at the bottom of the screen, because the time & day take up two lines, so everything else is enlarged (all the icons in the system tray and in the quick launch area). Any place else I can check to correct or delete DAY?? Thanks

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You know this really doesn't sound like a Windows XP feature to me. Are you sure a 3rd party utility isn't doing this?

5. josdegr

josdegr Banned

i have xp and tried to turn off the DAY feature. could get nothing to work. it just kept on showing up. you may want to search and see if there is a 3d party program that would do that.

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If your task bar is "double height" then the day will auto-display. At single (normal ) normal height it does not.

So the cure could be as simple as to drag the bar down to the correct height?

7. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

I tried to drag the bar down' but it either stays at this height, or disappears. I don't know what thrid party to look for. Any ideas? I could send a list of all the programs I have installed; but they are all ones I have been using for a long time -- I did just reformat the hard drive and put all my programs back on; but they were the same ones I have been using before, and they never had this effect. Any suggestions? Thanks

8. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

I notice that I have "Power Toys" installed on my program list. Is there something there that would change the way the system tray is displayed??

9. josdegr

josdegr Banned

take a look at the following. it worked for me. in the options, i was able to show time only. no day. also looks like you can change size and color also.

do not know much more about it.

Taskbar Clock Enhancement

10. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

can Power Toys be uninstalled? and does it return all settings of XP back to the default?

11. josdegr

josdegr Banned

i have 2 power toys. tweak ui and calculator. have had them since i bought this computer. never have uninstalled them. am not sure what would happen. maybe someone else would have an idea.

or maybe you can try yourself, if you notice a change. you can always reinstall them. they are free downloads.

12. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

I tried the taskbar clock enhancement. but it does not allow to resize the height of the system tray.

Also uninstalled PowerToys Tweak UI, and also ACDSee v7, and nothing has changed. Now the clock shows time and below that the day fo the week, and this enlarges all the system tray and its icons. never had this happen before!

13. bopdude

bopdude

Sorry for stating the obvious, but you are unlocking the tasbar before trying to resize / drag it down to a single line, aren't you ??? It works by doing that here.
    Sorry if I have been over simple, hey, you never know ;)

14. ppollock

ppollock Thread Starter

Yes, I have unlocked the taskbar, and it seems I have only the option of leaving it large sized, or having it hide until I bring it back up again.
    Thanks for the question. Still hoping for the cure!

15. josdegr

josdegr Banned

:eek: you asked for a program to get rid of DAY which i found. now you are unhappy that it wont change the size of the taskbar. what do you want?

maybe something on the following page from microsoft can help you. i am fresh out of ideas.

Using Windows XP > Computer Setup and Maintenance

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/362488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice