1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clock problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gourdo, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gourdo

Gourdo Thread Starter

Not sure where to post this, if it's in the wrong place could the mods move it? Cheers.
    For the last two or three days, whenever we switch our pc on, the clock and calender display the wrong time and date. This has a knock-on to my security software and also the program I use to schedule my work. We reset the time and date, but the next time we switch on it's changed again. Any ideas?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Windows is getting the time and date from the BIOS when you start the computer. You need to go into the BIOS setup and change it there. Note that if the date and time in the BIOS continues to be wrong each time you start the PC, the CMOS battery may be failing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice