1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clock Runs Fast, Minutes Are Off, Too

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marinermama, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marinermama

marinermama Thread Starter

Hi
    I went to get on my computer today and the clock was two hours and 17 minutes fast. I tried synchronizing it through the tab in the clock itself and also in the control panel and it did no good, it just synchronized back to the wrong time again. I know the time zone is not off because of the extra minutes added to the incorrect time. I tried restarting the computer but it is still wrong. I'm on DSL so I'm constantly connected to the internet. My OS is WIndows XP and I'm using IE7.
    Thanks
    Neva

2. Sonny1st

Sonny1st

Try right clicking on the clock and choosing adjust time and date.. click the time zone tab and make sure is lists the correct time zone.. then click the internet time tab and use the down arrow and select the time.nist.gov option instead of Windows Time.. Sometimes it can take up to a minute to synchronize. If it doesn't stay set here is a free utility that you can download that you can customise to do so.
    http://www.download.com/1Click-Clocksync/3000-2350_4-10388625.html

3. bonk

bonk Banned

So you double clicked on the clock and went to Internet Zone and check it was Automatically synchronised with the Internet server and is it the correct server?

4. marinermama

Looks like it's holding, time will tell. Thanks! I did download the utility but though it thanks me for downloading it, I can't find it on my computer.

5. marinermama

Seems to be.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice