1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clone a single partition to another drive in Acronis?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have been through and through the menus in Acronis 10 and can't find any way to do this:

I have a 300-Gigabyte drive with three partitions, C - a 15-Gig primary boot partition with Win2000 and D & E which are both logical drives in the extended. I want to clone partition C (only partition C) to a 40-Gigabyte drive.

I can't see any way in Acronis to clone a single primary boot partition to another drive. It seems to be the whole drive or nothing at all.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Create an image of the partition you wish to move in secondary storage, then restore that partition to the new drive. Cloning is designed to move a complete disk, but this will accomplish the task.

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I thought of that; but, since I do this operation occasionally, I had hoped it could be done direct, to save time.

I think all developers should make all programs all-capable to meet all needs and wants for all people everywhere. That's all I ask. :D

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can't. I don't think other clone applications will do it either.
    I'll take the $29.95 version that has a couple of restrictions, you can buy the $299.95 version that does everything. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice