Clone a single partition to another drive in Acronis?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

I have been through and through the menus in Acronis 10 and can't find any way to do this:

I have a 300-Gigabyte drive with three partitions, C - a 15-Gig primary boot partition with Win2000 and D & E which are both logical drives in the extended. I want to clone partition C (only partition C) to a 40-Gigabyte drive.

I can't see any way in Acronis to clone a single primary boot partition to another drive. It seems to be the whole drive or nothing at all.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Create an image of the partition you wish to move in secondary storage, then restore that partition to the new drive. Cloning is designed to move a complete disk, but this will accomplish the task.

Alex Ethridge

I thought of that; but, since I do this operation occasionally, I had hoped it could be done direct, to save time.

I think all developers should make all programs all-capable to meet all needs and wants for all people everywhere. That's all I ask. :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Alex Ethridge said:
I thought of that; but, since I do this operation occasionally, I had hoped it could be done direct, to save time.
You can't. I don't think other clone applications will do it either.
I think all developers should make all programs all-capable to meet all needs and wants for all people everywhere. That's all I ask. :D
I'll take the $29.95 version that has a couple of restrictions, you can buy the $299.95 version that does everything. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online