1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clone MP4 Player having issues!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ben_S, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_S

Ben_S Thread Starter

Hi,

Uh, new here but having some trouble with a clone MP4 player I bought (has an iPod touch look about it) which is making me pull my hair out in frustration. First I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (I believe..) with nothing really out of the ordinary or tweaked, just an Intel P4 workhorse. The MP4 Player I really could not give you a make or model because it just does not have one. In device manager it did list as "Rockchip" something or other.

The main problem is the damn thing just not appearing in the windows explorer views, hence I can't access it whatsoever. I can find it in Device Manager, and I can find it using most other tools. When I plugged it in initially it said "Unknown device" etc etc, but then gave me the "Device is installed and ready for use" but still nothing in explorer. I can't seem to find a driver of any sort on the disc that it came with, it says only Windows 98 users should need any drivers. So! I took it over to another computer, a Toshiba Satellite laptop running XP SP3 and all was well there, it showed in windows explorer immediately and I breathed a sigh of relief. However when I then double clicked to open it and begin transferring files onto it, the damn thing gave me an error saying a certain file was missing (something along the lines of D:/.vdob or something similar).

So I'm at the end of my wits, and have no idea what to do, or what to try next. I might as well just take it back to the bloody shop.

Sorry for the wall of text, but any suggestions?

Thank you kind geeks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!