Clone SSD won’t boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cm07

I tried making a clone SSD but it won’t boot into Windows it just keep loading and restarting. What can I do?

Last edited:

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs. Post exactly how you attempted to clone the drive AND what software you used for the clone. In addition post the exact drives in question and state which is source and destination.

cm07

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs. Post exactly how you attempted to clone the drive AND what software you used for the clone. In addition post the exact drives in question and state which is source and destination.
My system is made up of:
Ryzen 5 3600 w/ 360mm Cooler master AIO
24GB 3000MHz Ram (2x8GB GEIL, 2x4GB Team Vulcan)
MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8Gb
MSI X470 Gaming Plus MB
Kingston 120Gb SATA SSD (Windows. Drive)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Toshiba 500GB
Intel NVMe PCIe 256GB

The drives i’m working with are the Kingston which is where i have everything windows related and the Intel SSD. I put the Intel SSD into my MB and used Aomei Backupper and it wouldn’t boot after I unplugged my Kingston and so I plugged in my kingston again and it booted like usual and I tried a different clone software and I get the same problem. Any other information y’all need lmk.

crjdriver

The very first thing I would do would be to have only the kingston ie windows drive connected. See if you can boot the system with no other drives connected. If that does work, start over and do the clone. Make sure the destination drive is blank ie no formatting, no partition information, nothing. Since you attempted this before, you should secure erase the new drive or use diskpart>clean prior to attempting another clone. I will be OFF for probably the rest of the day; good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online