Cloning Larger Drive to Smaller SSD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bearwitme

Good Morning..

I have a desktop that runs Win 10 Pro on a 2TB standard Hard Drive. It only has approx 350 GB of Data on it. I would like to replace it with a 1 TB SSD. What is the best way to do this since the source is larger than the destination. I do have Acronis 2019 but have not attempted to do the cloning yet. Will it attempt to clone the full 2TB or will it see only the 350GB and clone that. Any assistance would be appreciated..

Connie

managed

Allan
Try with Acronis, it will tell you if it can't do it.

If it can't then you can try to shrink the source partition using SpywareDr's link above. If that doesn't help there are other programs that may be able to do the shrinking.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online