Cloning Old SSD to new SSD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ggbrown74

I have my internal ssd, and external hdd back up drives. I bought a new tb ssd to put in place of my 500gb internal. Can I first clone my c drive to my external hdd and then after the installation of my new ssd clone it over to the new ssd from my external? I have that Mercium free cloning software. I just have never done anything like this and am trying to get as prepared as possible.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20200607114250.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (180 GB Free); E: 7451 GB (6347 GB Free); F: 7451 GB (6424 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0R32862 WIN, s/n PF1XZN45
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n PF1XZN45
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Can I first clone my c drive to my external hdd and then after the installation of my new ssd clone it over to the new ssd from my external
Seems a long way to do it.
Insert new SSD into computer and clone then remove old ssd, unless you do not have enough cables

crjdriver

Just clone it by connecting it to your system. If you do not have extra pw/data cables or an extra sata port, just use the ones for one of your other drives.
Most drive mfg have purpose designed cloning programs available for download.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online