Closed Port 113

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stormyy

I have a website that I used to be able to access but now it takes forever to load and am unable to to page thru the forum. I can sometimes follow a link someone sends me but usually will get a blank page after a painful loading attempt. I have checked with the moderators to see if I had been perhaps banned for some reason but I am in good standing there. Someone mentioned my Port 113 could be the problem if it is closed. I verified it is in fact closed. My question is..How do I open it and then put on stealth instead of closed? Not sure if I have posted in right section as I know less than nothing about computers !!!! I do have a linksys router but the firewall has not been enabled and currently use Zone Alarm,free edition. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.:confused: Ohhh...I am also running Windows 2000 Professional

I use ZoneAlarm, too, and all my ports all in Stealth mode. ZoneAlarm free edition doesn't allow setting port permissions manually, it makes all settings automatically, without prompting the user . Are you sure, your Port 113 is closed? Check this site to see your ports' state. Choose the service called "All Service Ports".
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

This site also offers a workaround to open ports: add the desired server's IP address to the trusted zone. Do this only if you really trust that server.

Stormyy

Yes...thats where i found my port 113 was closed and wanting to go in stealth instead...i did do a search there about opening port 113 but didnt find anything :( ty tho for suggestion.

Stormyy said:
i dont even know what that is...but i would say not:(
Look up Windows XP Services (Start/Programs/Administrative Tools/Services)
There is one service called "Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)".
It should not run, if you use third party firewall (e.g. ZoneAlarm)
If it is started, doubleclick on it and set the starting mode to "Disabled".
Reboot and check again port 113 with ShieldsUp.

Stormyy

i am running windows 2000 professional...not xp...but followed the zone alarm steps and rechecked port 113...it still remains closed. :(

Stormyy

yup...tried that this evening as well..and tried to d/l ident as well..no luck :( thx for suggestions tho!! keep them up!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online