1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

closed ports?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by cheesecake42, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheesecake42

cheesecake42 Thread Starter

I have windows firewall turned off but I am still getting ports blocked. Specifically, I need port 514 and port 5522 to be opened. Is there anything else in windows that might be blocking ports?

2. lexicon

lexicon

Are you sure you have completely turned of windows firewall.
    run->control firewall.cpl and check if it's really turned off for all connections.
    because i did have the same problem few months back. I turned firewall OFF for LAN1 but on LAN2 firewall was still working.
    please do re-check and post your result ..
    Thanks

3. rhynes

rhynes

go start -> run -> services.msc
    look for windows firewall, double click on it and hit stop. That ensures the firewall is off completely. If you dont want it on after a reboot, use the drop down menu to disable it.

Are there any other firewalls on your computer? either standalone or part of your antivirus?

4. cheesecake42

cheesecake42 Thread Starter

wow, both of you guys were right. even though i had it turned off it was still on for my lan1 and it was still running in the background. thank!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice