1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Closed} System Lock Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mogig, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mogig

mogig Thread Starter

Running Windows 98se and the screen saver locks up, whole system freezes up. I have ran scan disk, defrag and everything in Norton Utilities, by the way, Windows Scan Disk will never complete, always get 10 restart message, no programs are running when I try it. I did however have the JS Seeker virus get in the system but I removed it. The systen worked fine after until a few days ago. Think maybe I should reinstalling windows over itself or just go ahead and format the thing.

2. LarryCore

LarryCore

I'm going to move this to the OS forum, as there doesn't appear to be anything hardware related in your question.

Please go there to look for replies.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
    LarryCore begs for money

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/35106