Closed thread

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fearny64

Hi

Put this question in yesterday and the thread was closed. If you open the link you will find this service from the BBC - the biggest broadcaster in the world - is perfectly legal. Not all p2p services are illegal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Hi again.

I live in the UK and started downloading BBC and Channel 4 programmes using their individual software (BBC iplayer and 4oD) but both use the Kontiki p2p network and use a service called 'K services' to connect to the network. I would like to run the software at night and stop in the morning but both have no scheduler. I have set up the schedule tasks programme in XP to start the BBCi player or 4oD then another task to start 'k services' to start at 00:00 and stop after 8 hours. They all start up ok but after 8 hours the 'k services ' fails to stop and the downloads will carry on.

How do I stop this happening please.

Fearny.

I notice that there are many threads asking for help in windows mwssenger and also skype. As these are P2P metworks, why have they not been closed?

mwssenger and also skype. As these are P2P metworks. Since when are these P2P networks?

Skype is a Voice over internet protocol not a P2P network

Messenger is a messenger program that you communicate with someone else with also not a P2P network.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
fearny, I'd suggest a review of the forum rules.

Strike 2. Closing this thread as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online