1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

closing down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by diddylady, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diddylady

diddylady Thread Starter

Hi everyone.For no apparent reason my computer is refusing to close down unless I go back to my home page.It just hangs.Any ideas?

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

Hi There!

It sounds like there's something running that may be hanging up and not closing properly.

Perhaps run an online virus scan at Housecall

If the system is clean, then download Spybot S&D or AdAware and install it. Once it's installed, then run the updates first, then scan the system.

Let us know who things go!

Good Luck!

ST

3. diddylady

diddylady Thread Starter

Thanks SexyTech (love that name!) I've followed your advice and all is well!! Thank you so much!! As a beginner,it's good to know there are people out there who will help me out,I love this website!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice