1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Closing Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by paul62, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul62

paul62 Thread Starter

Operating System: Windows Millennium Edition [Me]
    Processor: 600 MHz AMD Athlon
    Memory: 256 MB
    While playing games, (Age of empires, Sims, Mall Tycoon etc.) the game will suddenly close. Computer does not crash, game just closes. I have scanned hard disk for problems and viruses. Norton is up to date. I have the driver disks for the cards. I have updated the drivers on the web to try and fix this problem. Have looked in device manager and system information for conflicts. I cannot figure out this problem. Have even installed Windows 98 SE to see if ME was the problem. Computer is fine when using all other programs (Microsoft Word, Photoshop etc.). Games close after about 10 min. of play. What could be causing this? Hardware or software? Thank you for any help. Paul

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Paul
    Many of the current games on the market incorporate the latest and greatest technologies and sometimes overtax some of the slightly older systems they are running on. Your Video and audio components and drivers must be up to it as well as having current DirectX controls. There are workarounds and updates available for most problems. Here is a thread where we explored what may be happening to the Sims game. All the rest you listed probably follow the same rules.
    Note: Being an AMD you may be encountering Heat problems since you are pushing the processer, however that may not be the case since you are able to function after being dumped back to desktop. A good test for heat would be removing the side panel and have a desk fan blow air into the inside of your tower. then see if the problem happens.
    Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    Dave

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77911&highlight=Sims

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/84436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice