Closing Hotamil??? How

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlMujtahid

How can I close a Hotmail account? I go to help while logged in and it says to go to the account closing page. When I click on that link it just takes me to the main login page (my inbox). Is the only way to close the account to wait the 30 days without sighning in?

I got the "account closing page" to come up with Netscape 7.

[email protected] Close Account

By closing this account, you are marking your account inactive. Stored e-mail and addresses will be permanently deleted and inbound mail will be refused. Your .NET Passport will still function, and your e-mail name will be reserved.

To re-activate your account, simply go to http://www.hotmail.com and enter your Sign-In name and password. You will then be able to send and receive e-mail using MSN Hotmail once again.

If your account stays 'inactive' for over a period of 90 days, it will be permanently deleted. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity. Additionally, due to the limited number of names available, we may allow other users to sign up for and use your current e-mail name after your account has been permanently deleted.

----------------------------------------
So it really takes 90 day for the account to be gone for good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online