1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Closing Hotamil??? How

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AlMujtahid, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlMujtahid

AlMujtahid Thread Starter

How can I close a Hotmail account? I go to help while logged in and it says to go to the account closing page. When I click on that link it just takes me to the main login page (my inbox). Is the only way to close the account to wait the 30 days without sighning in?

2. hewee

hewee

I got the "account closing page" to come up with Netscape 7.

[email protected] Close Account

By closing this account, you are marking your account inactive. Stored e-mail and addresses will be permanently deleted and inbound mail will be refused. Your .NET Passport will still function, and your e-mail name will be reserved.

To re-activate your account, simply go to http://www.hotmail.com and enter your Sign-In name and password. You will then be able to send and receive e-mail using MSN Hotmail once again.

If your account stays 'inactive' for over a period of 90 days, it will be permanently deleted. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity. Additionally, due to the limited number of names available, we may allow other users to sign up for and use your current e-mail name after your account has been permanently deleted.

----------------------------------------
    So it really takes 90 day for the account to be gone for good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice